Preschool Kid Recipes To Make
Click Here to Join Today!
These are not your typical kid recipes. You won't find chocolate chip cookies, variations on peanut butter & jelly, or recipes to make vegetables more palatable for preschoolers. (Although you will find MANY of those on my Preschool Snack Recipe Page!)
These are easy kid recipes to make materials to dig your hands into for some fun activities! They will provide hours of entertainment and enjoyment for you and your children!
Homemade Playdough Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 packages dry unsweetened Kool-Aid
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix liquids together, then pour into dry ingredients. Stir until it forms a ball and knead until smooth.
- 6 cups water
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups dishwashing liquid
Mix together and let set four hours to let bubbles settle.
Homemade Silly Putty
- 1 cup liquid starch
- 1 cup white glue
Put glue in a plastic container. Gradually add starch while stirring constantly. If it is too sticky, add starch in small amounts until it feels like putty. Store in a plastic bag or airtight container.
Homemade Goop: Recipe 1
Of all the kid recipes we make, this one is always a hit! Is it a liquid or a solid? Put "Goop" in a shallow bin or cookie sheet and explore it together!
- 1 part cornstarch
- 1 part water
- Food coloring, optional
Mix together and have fun!
Homemade Goop: Recipe 2
- 1 tablespoon of white craft glue
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Borax (laundry section of grocery store)
- 2 paper cups
- Pour the glue in one of the paper cups.
- Add a tablespoon of water to the glue and stir until the two are mixed well.
- Mix the Borax with four tablespoons of water in the second paper cup.
- Add one tablespoon of the Borax mixture to the glue and water mixture in the first paper cup.
- If the glue mixture doesn’t turn into a gel, add another tablespoon of the borax mixture to it.
- Take the gel out of the paper cup and roll it with your hands until it firms up a little.
The goop is now ready! Make sure the kids wash their hands when they are done playing with the goop.
Homemade Clay Recipe
This clay recipe can be air dried and then painted too for added fun!
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups salt
- Put salt and 2/3 cup water in pan and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2/3 cup water in a bowl and mix well.
- Blend 2 mixtures together and knead into clay.
Makes about 3 cups. Store unused clay in airtight container in the fridge.
Go to the main Preschool Activities Page
Go to Preschool Professor's HOME Page
Visit The-Preschool-Professor.com's profile on Pinterest.