Kwanzaa Bulletin Boards for Preschool
Ideas and suggestions for your Preschool Kwanzaa Bulletin Boards! Please use the link near the bottom of the page to add YOUR bulletin board ideas and pictures if you have them!
The 7 Principles of Kwanzaa
There are 7 Principles of Kwanzaa. Find ways for your preschoolers to apply each one in the classroom. Take pictures and place under the word for each.
Here are the principles and some ideas for preschool application:
- Umoja (oo-MOO-jah)= Unity Add pictures of children at circle time.
- Kujichagulia (koo-jee-chah-goo-LEE-ah)= Self-Determination The children learning a new activity or working on putting on their own coats, shoes, etc.
- Ujima (oo-JEE-mah)= Responsibility The Children working together to clean up the classroom.
- Ujamaa (oo-jah-MAH)= Cooperative Economics If you are collecting items for a local shelter or soup kitchen, take pictures of the donation station and the children sorting the items.
- Nia (NEE-ah) Purpose Have the children paint pictures of what they want to be or do when they grow up.
- Kuumba (koo-OOM-bah)= Creativity Take pictures of the children in the art center or hang pictures of their creative art work.
- Imani (ee-MAH-nee)= Faith Write down what children tell you about their traditions or faith.
As the children learn more about this celebration, hang the words in Swahili and English of each item they learn about and make.
Some suggestions are:
Bendera- The African American flag
Gele- African headwrap for women
Kufi- African hat for men
Kinara- Candle Holder
Kikombe cha umoja- Unity Cup
Mazao- The fruits and vegetables of the harvets.
Mkeka- Place mat used on the Kwanzaa table
Click your choice of buttons below for more Hanukkah Preschool Activities:
A free full week's theme for Kwanzaa at my sister site. CLICK HERE!
Go to Preschool Professor's HOME Page
Visit The-Preschool-Professor.com's profile on Pinterest.