Click Here to Join Today!
Hanukkah Recipes for Preschool
Hanukkah recipes for cooking and making snacks with preschoolers help them to develop their math skills and helps them to learn how to follow directions. These snack ideas will also allows for some great conversation! Ask many questions while cooking with your children to encourage conversation! Be sure to ask specific Hanukkah activities themed questions while making these fun snacks!
Needed: Pineapple slices, merichino cherries, bananas
- The children place a pinapple ring on their plate.
- They then slice a banana slice off and place it in the middle of the pineapple.
- The push one cherry into the banana.
Ka'achei Sumsum (Bagel Cookies)
4 c flour; 1 c margarine; 1 t salt; 3 T cake-form yeast; 1 eg; 1 c warm water; 1/4 t sugar
- Put yeast and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour it over the warm water.
- Let sit in a worm place for about 10 minutes or until yeast rises.
- Mix flour, margarine, salt and dissolved yeast into a dough.
- Cover with towel. Sit in a warm place for 2 hours.
- When dough rises, take small pieces from it and roll into strips (snakes!) about 4 inches long
- Join the ends to make a bagel shape.
- Brush with beaten egg and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
My Menorah Snack
Needed: bread, butter, pretzel sticks.
The children butter their bread and then place pretzel sticks in the bread as the candles.
3 eggs; 3 1/2 c matzo meal; 1/2 of a chicken bouillon cube; 1 t celery leaves, chopped; nutmeg; juice from 1/2 a lemon; salt; pepper; chicken soup
- Beat eggs
- Add bouillon, salt, pepper and pinch of nutmeg.
- Add lemon juice and celtery leaves.
- Continue to beat.
- Slowly add matzo meal using a wodden spoon.
- When it thinkens, knead by hand.
- Form small balls (about 1 inch).
- Place in a deep dish and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Heat chicken soup/broth to boiling.
- Drop in matzo balls.
- Let cook 10-12 minutes.
- Place 2-3 matzo balls in a bowl with soup.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
Needed: Ingredients 3T flour; 6 potatoes; 1 egg; 1 t salt; 1/8 t pepper
- Have children help you wash the potatoes with a vegetable brush.
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- Have them help you grate the potatoes.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the grated potatoes.
- Now the adults job:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Drop heaping tablespoons of the latke mixture into the oil.
- Fry both sides until browned.
- Let cool on paper towels (this helps absorb extra oil).
- Have children help you make home made applesauce!
Needed: Apples, water; cinnamon (optional) apple slicer (I LOVE my apple peeler/corer!) AMAZON LINK; plastic knives, pan
- Have the children help you slice and core apples if you have an apple peeler/corer. If you don't, peel and core the apples and let the children cut the apples.
- Have the children cut the apple into small pieces and place in pan.
- Add water (about 3/4 c for every 4 apples).
- Heat apples over low heat until soft.
- Mix briskly with a wisk.
- Add and mix in cinnamon (optional)
Click your choice of buttons below for more Hanukkah Preschool Activities:
Go to the Hanukkah Activities MAIN Page
Go to Preschool Professor's HOME Page
Visit The-Preschool-Professor.com's profile on Pinterest.